Looking for a deep seat? Fabulous security? The Buttera is available as either a regular Ghost saddle or a Cavallin Bareback Pad. Note - the deep seat has a slightly smaller feel, so you may want to consider going up a seat size.
This model is popular for arena riding, trail and endurance. It is an excellent choice if you have a young or unpredictable horse and would prefer to stay put when your horse spooks. A western skirt and/or fenders can be added for saddle stability or to change saddle's look.
The blocks are attached inside a pocket under the knee-roll, and can be removed.
This saddle can be set up with either English or Western rigging.
This model can be ordered with a 4cm higher cantle, making it a Buttera Maxxi, which offers even more security than the standard Buttera. The Buttera Maxxi is priced at $1450 and looks like the saddle knights used for jousting!
If you're not getting any younger (check) joints getting a bit creaky (check) or simply the owner of a very silly horse with an overdeveloped sense of humor (check, check, check) then this saddle is for you.
It is the most secure saddle I have ever sat on, or rather in, as it embraces you like an armchair. If your beloved equine slams on the brakes because a stone has moved since the last time you rode this path - no problem. If he/she goes from 0-30 due to a pheasant ambush, again, no problem, you are held by the large pommel in front and the high cantle behind.
I truly believe it to be the most secure saddle on the market today and am delighted to own one.
Current Saddle Inventory can be viewed here: https://mossrockendurance.com/current-inventory
Saddle Options & Upgrades
Customize your saddle's look and personalize your needs with Ghost's Options & Upgrades. These choices are priced to cover additional material costs and extra time to create.
- Substitute a built-in Wool or a Sheepskin Seat (see the Color Zones & Materials Page for choices) +$25
- Match Saddle Base and Panels to one of the Seat Colors (the Base and Panels come standard in black) +$100
- Match D-Ring tabs to one of the Seat or Base Colors (the D-Ring tabs come standard in black) +$15
- Add Extra D-Rings. (Saddle comes Standard with 4 sets of D-Rings, 2 in the front and 2 in the back). Add an additional pair to either the Front or Back of the Saddle, or both. +$15 per pair
- Shorten or Lengthen the Saddle's Flaps. If you have a shorter or a longer leg than average, 2 inches of length can be added or removed from the saddle's flap +$75
- Add a Higher or Lower Cantle. Riders may want a Lower Cantle to help swing their leg over the saddle when mounting/dismounting. Alternatively, riders often choose a Higher Cantle when they prefer a deeper seat and more security on excitable horses or extreme terrain. (Note: a Higher Cantle will reduce the seat size by appx 1/2", so this option is helpful when the rider is in between seat sizes) +$50
- Add Embroidery. The name of your Horse or Barn can be stitched into the saddle's flap or seat rim +$50
- Add Seat Stitching. Add a stitching pattern to the seat to customize and change the look of your individual saddle +$65 (standard pattern) or +$125 (custom pattern)
- Add Piping. For an extra finishing touch or a light splash of color, have the seat rim and area around the thigh blocks piped +$65
- Add Crystals or Studs to Seat Rim. This feature adds a very classy look that adds a fancy flash to the back of the saddle's seat +$75
- Add or Remove Visible Pommel Arch. Saddle can be ordered with a Hidden Pommel/Closed Gullet for compliance in Dressage (no change in cost)
- Add a Mohawk Pommel. Saddle can be ordered with a Mohawk Pommel for a Western look and/or to provide additional Seat Security +$100
- Add a Butterfly Stamp. This feature is popular on the Western model to add flair and detailing +$10
- Add a Horn. Add a Western Saddle Horn to the saddle's pommel. (this Stainless Steel horn is intended for decoration and compliance with riding disclipline only, should not be used for roping) +$100
See Color and Material Options here: https://mossrockendurance.com/color-zones-and-materials