Ghost saddles have been evolved and improved by a team of leading Treeless Saddle experts. Every revision and redesign over the years is all for the good of the horse and the rider. It is an extremely versatile saddle which fits a variety of horses.
The Ghost saddle is very stable even on the most difficult to fit horses and has very good spinal clearance and weight distribution created by the use of soft Sympanova panels which creates airflow and breathability. These panels have special foam inserts, which can be added to, if necessary, with additional shims. These panels are movable in position to create the best fit for each horse. Treeless can't work for every horse and every rider (despite the occasional claim) but they can be an excellent option for a difficult to fit horse.
The base is made from layers of flexible
The twist is narrow and the seat is
|The sliding V on the girth rigging is
positioned wide for stability and can
move to find the best position for
the horse and adjust through the
stride without disturbing the stability
of the saddle. We also have a new,
simpler option called the Puro or
Cavallin rigging with two wide spaced
straps that increases stability.
|Panels (available in two styles) attach
via velcro and can be positioned for
the individual horse. Closed panels
have a neat appearance, but panels
with an opening are perfect to allow
adjusting rider balance as needed.
The base - the core of your Ghost saddle - is made from layers of strong and flexible material.
The saddle can be used with either traditional English style leathers or fenders that slip onto a 2.5cm /1" leather or western style fenders.
Ghost Treeless Saddle features:
• The Ghost has more "twist” to the seat than other treeless saddles which means less stress on the hips.
• It has a very close contact feel.
• The supportive seat allows you to sit in the correct shoulder-hip-heel position without force.
• Stirrup and girth rigging are built into the side plates of the base, not hung over the spine.
• The panels can be adjusted and also filled with different or extra material.
• Thigh rolls in either a GP or dressage angle offer support and rider security without getting in the way.
• The girth straps are adjustable in position and make the saddle very stable.
• It is light weight (5 - 5.5 kilos, 10-11 pounds)
• There are no hard parts, the saddle is flexible to adapt to the shape of the horse throughout the stride.
• Two stirrup positions to support either a GP or dressage riding style (or a shorter or longer foot).
• Manufactured in Europe (Italy) from environmentally friendly leather.
• The seats are interchangeable to any style you like as long as it is the same size base.
• A choice of materials including Nubuck, Oiled Nubuck, leather, wool, sheepskin and two synthetic materials are available
• Available in three sizes, Standard (adult ~18"), Piccolo (small adult ~17") and Bambini (child ~16")
• Very well priced for quality, workmanship and design.
Demo and Purchase:
There is a 14 day demo program so you spend enough time riding in the saddle to make sure it works for both you and your horse. Once you have demoed a Ghost and seen for yourself how amazing they are, we can work together on the perfect order for you via phone or email. Or use the product selection on the saddle pages. Demo models come with a return shipping label.
A non-custom saddle can be returned in NEW condition (please wrap stirrup leathers and remove girth from rigging after each use) with response via email or phone within 14 days for full refund less shipping and $100 restocking fee. If you have ordered a customized saddle (other than black/brown, leather or oiled nubuck, standard or economy models), I will be happy to help you sell it.
Ghost is willing to customize various items like extra D rings or even flap length. I recommend an extra pair of D's in the front for breast collar attachments as I always suggest attaching them as low as possible. I will default this request in my orders, so if you don't want the extra rings, let me know. And if you want more, just describe and we'll get them put on. Keep in mind that customization in design, color, or materials means the saddle can't be returned, so I highly recommend demoing to make sure the saddle will work for you and your horse before going too crazy with options!
NOTE: Prices are subject to change based upon the Euro to dollar exchange rate.