The Cavallin Puro has a minimalistic seat/flap design, giving the rider freedom for seat and leg position.
This model is an excellent choice for Endurance riders who must have a free and open seat, or people who value versatility and freedom of movement that knee blocks and thigh blocks might restrict.
It's extremely lightweight, weighing in under 10 pounds!
The Puro attracts horse owners who want a very light saddle with an open seat similar to a bareback pad- but want to ride longer, faster, or harder than a traditional bareback pad allows.
The girthing system for the Puro has been widened with a triangular attachment; two straps attached wide to the saddle's base, narrowing to an angled strap protector, which can be positioned up and down your horse's barrel to customize to the needs of the horse even for horse's with difficult conformation or motion.
It has a low, virtually unnoticeable profile under the rider's legs, which additionally improves stability in the open seat saddles.
Test rides conducted in Poland proved that this created a closer contact with the horse, a very stable saddle with lots of scope for the rider.
Fitting the Puro showed it remained versatile to Draft horses, Arabians, and Warmbloods, and the new girthing system aided rider safety and security in the saddle, even without thigh blocks.
Rider Feedback: "This was our fastest ride ever! Main test horses felt so secure with his rider that he was faster and more athletic than he had ever been before. I felt secure and safe the whole time, even without thigh blocks, which I normally love!"
Scroll down for Saddle Availability and for more information about optional Saddle Upgrades & Color and Material Choices
Current Saddle Inventory can be viewed here: https://mossrockendurance.com/current-inventory
Saddle Options & Upgrades
Customize your saddle's look and personalize your needs with Ghost's Options & Upgrades. These choices are priced to cover additional material costs and extra time to create.
- Substitute a built-in Wool or a Sheepskin Seat (see the Color Zones & Materials Page for choices) +$25
- Match Saddle Base and Panels to one of the Seat Colors (the Base and Panels come standard in black) +$100
- Match D-Ring tabs to one of the Seat or Base Colors (the D-Ring tabs come standard in black) +$15
- Add Extra D-Rings. (Saddle comes Standard with 4 sets of D-Rings, 2 in the front and 2 in the back). Add an additional pair to either the Front or Back of the Saddle, or both. +$15 per pair
- Shorten or Lengthen the Saddle's Flaps. If you have a shorter or a longer leg than average, 2 inches of length can be added or removed from the saddle's flap +$75
- Add a Higher or Lower Cantle. Riders may want a Lower Cantle to help swing their leg over the saddle when mounting/dismounting. Alternatively, riders often choose a Higher Cantle when they prefer a deeper seat and more security on excitable horses or extreme terrain. (Note: a Higher Cantle will reduce the seat size by appx 1/2", so this option is helpful when the rider is in between seat sizes) +$50
- Add Embroidery. The name of your Horse or Barn can be stitched into the saddle's flap or seat rim +$50
- Add Seat Stitching. Add a stitching pattern to the seat to customize and change the look of your individual saddle +$65 (standard pattern) or +$125 (custom pattern)
- Add Piping. For an extra finishing touch or a light splash of color, have the seat rim and area around the thigh blocks piped +$65
- Add Crystals or Studs to Seat Rim. This feature adds a very classy look that adds a fancy flash to the back of the saddle's seat +$75
- Add or Remove Visible Pommel Arch. Saddle can be ordered with a Hidden Pommel/Closed Gullet for compliance in Dressage (no change in cost)
- Add a Mohawk Pommel. Saddle can be ordered with a Mohawk Pommel for a Western look and/or to provide additional Seat Security +$100
- Add a Butterfly Stamp. This feature is popular on the Western model to add flair and detailing +$10
- Add a Horn. Add a Western Saddle Horn to the saddle's pommel. (this Stainless Steel horn is intended for decoration and compliance with riding disclipline only, should not be used for roping) +$100
See Color and Material Options here: https://mossrockendurance.com/color-zones-and-materials